Cryptopia in Crisis: Joe Lubin’s Ethereum Experiment is a Mess. How Long Will He Prop it Up?
Lately, the media has turned all its focus on Consensys – the essential building block and dedicated venture studio behind the entire Ethereum blockchain – and their recent round of layoffs.
(Here’s an AMA from one of the workers who was just let go).
Whether you agree with its tone or skepticism, this piece from Forbes provides an interesting look underneath the hood of the undeniably important organization.
In response to all the critics and the renewed scrutiny of the blockchain industry in general, the team at Consensys quickly snapped back by writing this essay detailing Ethereum by the numbers.
We’ll say it again here: “Price isn’t the whole story.”
Coinbase Continues to Explore Support For New Digital Assets
After adding three new tokens to their exchange in 2018, Coinbase doesn’t seem to have any plans of slowing down…
In their latest announcement, they have outlined a selection of over 30 tokens and are looking to add them as soon as possible.
“Over time, we intend to offer our customers access to greater than 90% of all compliant digital assets by market cap.”
Four Days Trapped at Sea With Crypto’s Nouveau Riche
If you want to read one apeshit-insane, oh-my-gosh is this actually true, story filled with a bunch of egotistical crypto non-sense, here’s your chance…
Laurie Penny from Breaker Magazine fills us in on her cringe-worthy cruiseexperience amongst the crypto-rich.
Tips on Getting Through a Bear Market
Sure, bear markets are tough. But let’s not forget they play an integral role in any economy.
Here are four reasons why today’s bear market is actually a GOOD thing.
Did You See John Boehner’s SHOCKING Marijuana Prediction?
At the American Cannabis Summit – the first-ever nationwide event for cannabis investors – former Speaker of the House John Boehner revealed why he’s going ALL IN on marijuana… and exactly how ordinary Americans can make a fortune from this hundred-billion-dollar industry.
State of Blockchain Q3 2018
Hungry for some more data? Here are the slides to the recently published State of Blockchain Q3 2018 report by CoinDesk, featuring a batch of pretty infographics, participant surveys, and opinions.
This one caught our eyes 👇👀
Beware of Lazy Research: Let’s Talk Electricity Waste
Next time you hear someone claiming how much of an environmental disaster Bitcoin is, simply send them this truth-bomb CoinShares just dropped…
A few highlights:
- ✨Bitcoin mining is actually one of the CLEANEST billion-dollar industries on the planet.
- 🔌 Bitcoin mining is mainly driven by renewable energy, predominantly hydroelectric and geothermal
- ⚡Renewables represent a 77.8% penetration in the Bitcoin mining energy mix. (Compared to the 18.2% penetration in the global energy mix)
- 🍃 Bitcoin mining is giving previously unharnessed energy sources new life, turning otherwise wasted energy into digital gold. (This can positively contribute to the development and scaling of renewable energy projects)
Generally speaking, the haters need to find a new type of FUD to throw at Bitcoin. Like many other aspects of the energy industry, bitcoin is not necessarily a “bad guy.” It’s still new, vaguely understood, but also quite progressive.
SEC Delays Our Beloved ETF Once Again
As many expected, the SEC has (once again) delayed its decision on the highly anticipated VanEck/SolidX bitcoin ETF until the absolute final deadline of February 27, 2019.
It’s a little hard on the eyes, but for those who want to see the statement, here it is. Otherwise, we suggest you read what Jake Chervinksy had to say about it all (in addition to his approval prediction).
This is it, people. The SEC cannot delay again.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
Other Articles You May Enjoy
- Uncertainty Wednesday: Investing, perception risk and crypto
- The unbelievable tale of a fake hitman, a kill list, a darknet vigilante… and a murder
- The step-by-step guide to giving bitcoin this Christmas
- How to embrace the FUD 🤣
- Binances’ CZ thinks Jeff Bezos will trigger the next bull run
- The future of digital privacy. Here’s a presentation on Zero Knowledge Proofs
- The four horsemen of centralization
- Google in hot water: Our delusional Congressmen and the state of technology at the end of 2018
- Bitcoin oversold on weekly price chart for first time in four years