US Stock Broker E*Trade to Launch Bitcoin and Ether Trading: Report
Good news this week, folks.
- First, we’ll start off with some E*Trade Financial rumblings (who, by the way, has a ~5M retail base). According to Nathaniel Popper of NYTimes, E*Trade is preparing to launch Bitcoin and Ether trading sometime soon.
- Let’s not forget that TDAmeritrade (via ErisX crypto exchange) will soon be offering the same thing to their ~11M retail base as early as sometime later this year if they don’t hit any regulatory roadblocks.
But it get’s better…
- Bakkt (remember them?) made another splash this week by acquiring the Digital Asset Custody Company (DACC), securing insurance for assets they plan on holding in cold storage… and they revealed a partnership with BNY Mellon.
Simply put, all three of these developments remain significantly BULLISH… and no one should be losing hope on them. Not yet, at least.
Bitfinex Sued by New York
Now the bad news…
- Announcement: The New York Attorney General’s office has alleged that crypto exchange Bitfinex lost $850 million and subsequently used funds from affiliated stablecoin operator Tether to secretly cover the shortfall.
Long story short, the ugly saga of Bitfinex continues to spiral downhill. As for Tether, this FUD is nothing new.
Both entities are floating, barely, in the middle of some very murky regulatory waters. Now what does all of this mean?
Since Tether accounts for a lot of trading volume… and since most coins have their market cap derived from USDT (as opposed to USD)… It’s safe to say there’s still some hefty systematic risk the crypto space must overcome.
Get Your Free Pass to Trading Show Chicago
If you purchase a VIP pass, you can have access to our full conference agenda. This means you’ll be able to see speakers from Cboe, Geneva Trading, Galaxy Digital, Ikigai Asset Management, ConsenSys and more.
BreakerMag – known for their in-depth crypto stories and one our favorite deep dive sources – will be shutting down. Props to the BreakerMag team for keeping things intriguing! We’ll certainly miss you.
This crypto slump has been rough for everyone, including us here at CoinSnacks, so we just want to take a second to thank all of you, the readers, who open up our email every week and help us by supporting our sponsors. We luv you.
Narrative Watch | Spring 2019 Edition
The one and only Nathaniel Whittemore just published his latest Narrative Watch edition, highlighting:
- The Return of Token Sales
- Ethereum Competition
- Fair Launches vs. Dev Incentives
- Fund Consolidation
Bitcoin is a Demographic Mega-Trend: Data Analysis
Bitcoin awareness, familiarity, perception, conviction, propensity to purchase and ownership all increased/improved significantly, according to new research.
Value Capture & Quantification: Cryptocapital vs. Cryptocommodities
What follows is a description of the two main buckets of cryptoassets we are seeing today (capital and commodities), which then feeds into a discussion of the differences we can expect in the value capture and valuation models between the two.
This is both a revision and expansion of Cryptoasset Valuations. 🔥
1Q19 Crypto Retrospective
Lots of data this week, as well.
Are You Missing Out on Credit Card Rewards?
Choosing the right credit card rewards and cash back deals can be confusing. So we’ve made it simple.
Your Best Credit Cards is a data-driven tool that takes your personal spending habits, analyzes them against hundreds of cards and bonus categories, and calculates which cards would earn you the most credit card rewards or cash back. Here, you’ll see exactly how your personal spending will earn you easy rewards… across all possible bonus categories.
🇨🇳 China to Place 5 Yuan Banknotes on the Blockchain
In an effort to stem counterfeiting and prolong the circulation life of the renminbi, China’s Central Bank may begin issuing the 5-yuan note on the blockchain. Their stated goal? To study the application of blockchain technology in order to stop counterfeiting and money laundering.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
Other Articles You May Enjoy
- “If you want to kill someone, we are the right guys“
- Rapper Lil Pump is getting into bitcoin
- Why Binance Chain is one of the most important developments in crypto
- Nike just filed a trademark application for CRYPTOKICKS
- Moody’s warns blockchain may pose systemic risk to structured finance
- Jaguar Land Rover wants you to earn cryptocurrency as you drive
- Crypto’s long road to acceptance may have started here
- View Ads, Get BAT: Brave delivers on ICO promise of paid web browsing
- Check out this sexy visual on coin flow
- Lightning is Only the Beginning: The emerging bitcoin stack